Association for Learning Technology Annual Conference 2019
Data, Dialogue, Doing
3–5 September 2019, University of Edinburgh.
ALT’s Annual Conference 2019 is seeking to confront and challenge established assumptions, approaches and accepted truths in relation to key dimensions of digital education, and to advancing our practice and thinking through critical dialogue and reflection, closer scrutiny of evidence and theory, and a stronger commitment to values including creativity, community, social good, openness and porosity, and more democratic access to knowledge and learning.
- Student data and learning analytics
- Creativity across the curriculum
- Critical frames of reference
- Learning Technology for wider impact
Virtually Connecting will be connecting with onsite buddy Richard Oelmann @oelmann_richard, keynote speakers including Sue Beckingham @suebecks and conference participants so that those of us who cannot attend in person can add to the conversations and find out more about their conference experience.
To join a session virtually:
If you’re interested in joining the conversation online there are many ways for you to connect. Fill in the form, reach out to the Virtual Buddy that is leading up the session that you are interested in (their twitter handles are linked), tweet us @vconnecting, or leave a comment below. We’ll ask for your email address so we can send you a link to the session just before it goes live. The session time is local to the conference site but the link shows the time where you are.
How to Participate
If you’re new to Virtually Connecting, read more about us.
You can participate virtually in any of the following ways:
- Active session participation: be a participant in these sessions and talk to the guests and other participants. Sign up using this form. One of us will contact you to get your email address, and then you will get a confirmation email a day or so before the event, with a reminder of time and the link to participate in Zoom session around half an hour before the event. All you need in order to do this is to have working audio on your computer or phone/tablet and have Zoom installed on your computer (though Zoom does also work on browser without installing the app) or have the phone app. You can also participate in the session and communicate with other session guests via text chat (the virtual buddy will occasionally read out what you wrote or invite you to say it out loud).
- Watch and tweet: watch the session live (see Twitter for updated links to watch, or go to our YouTube channel). If you choose to Tweet along, please tag @VConnecting and add the conference hashtag (#altc).
- Watch the recording later: watch the session recorded (we will embed the recorded YouTube videos above, or our YouTube channel).
- Become a buddy: If after you’ve participated you’d like to join our team and help organize future events, become a “buddy” by joining Virtually Connecting. We’ll add you to our Slack team which we use for this purpose.
Tues 3rd Sept 3.45pm
Onsite buddy Richard Oelmann will introduce us to keynote speaker Sue Beckingham @SueBecks and Sharon Flynn @sharonflynn Laura Czerniewicz @Czernie and Louise Jones @scotlandlouise (conference co-chair). Virtual buddy Teresa MacKinnon @warwicklanguage.
Wednesday 4th Sept 12.15pm
Thurs 5th Sept 1.15pm