For our first session in 2019, we brought together some educators who attended the Open Education Leadership Summit that took place in Paris in December 2018 with others who were unable to attend.
Our guests included folks who attended OELS18 — Christina Hendricks (@clhendricksbc), Karen Cangiolosi (@karencang), Paul Stacey (@pgstacey), Rajiv Jhangiani (@thatpsychprof), Robin DeRosa (@actualham), and Tannis Morgan (@tanbob) — and virtual guests including Cable Green (@cgreen), Ilene Frank, Jess Mitchell (@jesshmitchell), Jim Luke (@econproph), Lorna Campbell (@LornaMCampbell), Michael Berman (@amichaelberman), Nate Angell (@xolotl), Sadik Shahadu (@Sadike25), Terry Greene (@greeneterry), Vahid Masrour (@vahidm), and our buddy was Maha Bali (@Bali_Maha).
The session was held Wednesday 9 January 2019 at 8pm UTC and we ran this session in Zoom rather than Google Hangouts to accommodate a larger group.
Links mentioned by participants:
- University of the People (from Ilene Frank)
- Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST) participating projects roadmaps youtube playlist (from Nate Angell)
- National Plan for Open Science (France) (from Rajiv Jhangiani)
- Working at the intersection of open research and open education by Erin McKiernan (from Rajiv Jhangiani)
- OELS18 Roadmap Template (from Rajiv Jhangiani)
- A Social Justice Framework for Understanding Open Educational Resources and Practices in the Global South by Cheryl Ann Hodgkinson-Williams and Henry Trotter (from Rajiv Jhangiani)
- Making international academic spaces international by Maha Bali, Laura Czerniewicz, Catherine Cronin and Tannis Morgan (from Rajiv Jhangiani)
- Design Justice: Towards an Intersectional Feminist Framework for Design Theory and Practice by Sasha Costanza-Chock (from Jess Mitchell)
- OERu (from Rajiv Jhangiani)
- The More I Teach the Less I Preach by Maha Bali (from Maha Bali)