We have the following session planned: Virtually Connecting from ASCILITE 2018
Monday, November 26, 1:00 PM (Geelong, Australia time).
See the session time shown in your local timezone below.
Our guests are keynote speakers: Dr Margaret Bearman (@margaret_bea) and Dr Paul LeBlanc (@snhuprez). The session will be hosted by Dr Henk Huijser (@hhuijser) (Virtual) and Wendy Taleo (@wentale) and Kate Mitchell (@katevideo) (Onsite)
If you’re new to Virtually Connecting, read more about us here
You can participate virtually in any of the following ways:
- Active session participation: be a participant in the session and talk to the guests and other participants. To do so, you need to register by tweeting us @vconnecting or leaving a comment below. One of us will contact you to get your email address, and then you will get a confirmation email a day or so before the event, and a link to participate in the Google hangout around half an hour before the event. All you need in order to do this is to have working audio on your computer (update your hangouts plugin) or phone/tablet (update your Hangouts app).
- Be a participant in the session and communicate via text chat (this will be seen by people inside the session but not those outside the session; but the virtual buddy will occasionally read out what you wrote or invite you to say it out loud)
- Watch and tweet: watch the session live (see the embedded videos above or go to our YouTube channel www.youtube.com/virtuallyconnecting). If you choose to Tweet along, please tag @vconnecting and add the conference hashtag. One of our buddies is likely to pick up on your questions on Twitter and relay them to the participants in the live session.
- Watch the recording: watch the session recorded (again, same embedded videos above, or our YouTube channel).
- Become a buddy: If you’d like to join our team and help organize future events, talk to the onsite buddy.
Are you physically at the conference?
If you are attending the conference and wondering what’s for me, stop by we would love to see you!! You don’t have to appear on camera. We would love for you to come by, listen to the conversation, take pictures, and tweet about the experience (don’t forget to tag us @VConnecting and use the conference hashtag -insert conference tag). Sometimes those watching and listening onsite want to jump into the conversation and appear on camera.
So, how do you find us? The key to joining up with us onsite is connecting with either Wendy Taleo or Kate Mitchell onsite. Connecting with us onsite can be tricky because each conference treats our sessions differently – please check details for onsite location on the day.
Please note that even though we have events scheduled ahead of time, sometimes we start a little earlier than planned for various reasons; while we plan to spend around 30 minutes with those onsite, sometimes they may have to leave earlier, and sometimes they may be willing to stay longer. We embrace imperfection and spontaneity and we hope you will too, understanding the nature of hybrid connections.
Leave a Reply