We’re Virtually Connecting from the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative #ELI2018 Annual Meeting and Conference being held in New Orleans. This year’s theme is Achieving Student Success through New Models of Learning. This will be our opportunity to network and discuss current trends and issues within higher education teaching and learning.
Can’t make it to New Orleans? Join us from your space in the world!
On Tuesday, January 30th at 10:00 a.m. (Central Time), we’re set to chat with Peggy Semingson (@PeggySemingson). Our onsite buddies are Autumm Caines (@Autumm), Kristen Eshleman (@kreshleman) and Joe Murphy (@joefromkenyon). The virtual buddy is Helen DeWaard (@hj_dewaard).Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
You can watch live or archived.
If you’re new to Virtually Connecting, read more about us here
You can participate virtually in any of the following ways:
- Active session participation: be a participant in the session and talk to the guests and other participants. To do so, you need to register by tweeting us @vconnecting or leaving a comment below. One of us will contact you to get your email address, and then you will get a confirmation email a day or so before the event, and a link to participate in the Google hangout around half an hour before the event. All you need in order to do this is to have working audio on your computer (update your hangouts plugin) or phone/tablet (update your Hangouts app).
- Be a participant in the session and communicate via text chat (this will be seen by people inside the session but not those outside the session; but the virtual buddy will occasionally read out what you wrote or invite you to say it out loud)
- Watch and tweet: watch the session live (see the embedded videos above or go to our YouTube channel www.youtube.com/virtuallyconnecting). If you choose to Tweet along, please tag @vconnecting and add the conference hashtag #ASCILITE17. One of our buddies is likely to pick up on your questions on Twitter and relay them to the participants in the live session.
- Watch the recording: watch the session recorded (again, same embedded videos above, or our YouTube channel).
- Become a buddy: If after you’ve participated you’d like to join our team and help organize future events, become a “buddy” by joining us here. We’ll add you to our Slack team which we use for this purpose.
Are you physically at the conference?
If you are attending the conference and wondering what’s for me, stop by. We would love to see you. You don’t have to appear on camera. Come by, listen to the conversation, take pictures, and tweet about the experience (don’t forget to tag us @VConnecting and use the conference hashtag #ELI2018).
Please note that even though we have events scheduled ahead of time, sometimes we start a little earlier than planned for various reasons; while we plan to spend around 30 minutes with those onsite, sometimes they may have to leave earlier, and sometimes they may be willing to stay longer. We embrace imperfection and spontaneity and we hope you will too, understanding the nature of hybrid connections.