We are excited to be virtually connecting at The Association of Learning Technology Conference (#altc) in Manchester, UK from September 8-10, 2015, not least because virtually connecting co-founders Maha and Rebecca (co-founders of virtually connecting) will be onsite and meeting in person for the first time and presenting with our #rhizo14 friends Sarah Honeychurch (@nomadwarmachine) and Ashley Shaw (@ashleygshaw).
To join any of these hangouts virtually, please tweet to @vconnecting or email email@example.com or post a comment here. Feel free to also directly contact any of the buddies.
All times below are in BST since the conference is in the UK.
- Tuesday Sept 8 1:45pm BST during the conference Rebecca will connect us to Steve Wheeler
- Tuesday 5pm BST, you can informally hang out with Rebecca, Maha, Ash, and Suzan.
- Wednesday Sept 9 10.35 BST after Jonathan Worth’s keynote, Maha will meet connect us to him.
- Wednesday at 11.35 BST we are meeting Martin Weller and Martin Hawksey
- Wednesday at 1:40 BST we are meeting Laura Czerniewicz, Catherine Cronin, Sue Beckingham and Teresa MacKinnon
We are excited to have Alan Levine (@cogdog) and Autumm Caines (@autumm) as a returning virtual buddies, as well as two new virtual buddies: Suzan Koseoglu (@suzankoseoglu) based in the UK and Simon Ensor (@sensor63) in France. Wendy Taleo (@wentale) from Australia will be helping out to keep communications on twitter rolling – so look for her awesome VConnecting tweets.
Keynotes at the conference will be livestreamed like last year. We are planning to meet keynote speakers like
- Steve Wheeler (@timbuckteeth), known for his work on digital literacies, and lately the #blimage challenge,
- Jonathan Worth (@jonathan_worth), known for his work on Phonar, and who also co-facilitated #ccourses, and
- Laura Czerniewicz (@czernie) from South Africa known for her work in open education. Sheis also co-facilitator of EdContexts.org
We are also meeting #edtech celebs like
- Catherine Cronin (@catherinecronin), open educator, who was keynote last year,
- Martin Weller (@mweller), open education advocate,
- Martin Hawksey (@mhawksey) well-known for his work on TAGS, and Innovation, Community & Technology Officer at ALT.
- Sue Beckingham (@suebecks), co-facilitator of #lthechat, and hopefully also
- Teresa MacKinnon (@warwicklanguage) of #clavier.
(Side note: people may be known for other things, but those are the things I, Maha, thought of or know best about them!)